Hello. Maarten here. Makes sense, it’s my site after all. Be weird if it wasn’t me. But to get to know each other better, I thought it would be nice to share some random fun facts about myself with you.
Especially since the goal of this website is not only to share “how-to” articles and courses that I think are better and more detailed than what else you’ll find on the web but also to be more personal than the big names out there.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments, but make sure you also leave a random fun fact about yourself!
- I was trained as an architect and civil engineer, not a photographer or marketer.
- I learned almost everything I know about marketing and photography by reading a lot of books, from blogs and just experimenting with new things.
- My home is in Antwerp (Belgium) but I like to travel a lot, for work and pleasure. I’m planning on visiting each continent, but for now, I’ve been to Europe, North America, Afrika, Oceania, and Asia.
- The furthest I’ve traveled was to visit New Zealand, which is exactly on the other side of the earth from where I live.
- I am an ENFP-T. Which means “Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate”.
- Dark chocolate is one of my biggest vices. Especially from Lindt.
- I don’t own a TV. Sometimes I do watch some series online, for example: How I met your mother, House, Person of Interest,…
- When ending a list with “,…” I actually like to use 2 dots instead of the correct 3 as I think it just looks better.
- As a kid, I used to watch all Thunderbirds episodes and I still own them all on DVD, even though I don’t even have a DVD player to play them on anymore.
- My first car was a bike.
- While writing this I have around 20.000 followers on Instagram. Not because I post often I’m afraid, but mostly from interviews and the use of hashtags.
- My favorite music band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- My first camera was a Nikon D90.
- I like plants and would like to have a house full of them. I just can’t seem to keep them alive. Maybe I should get one of those “How Not To Kill Your Houseplant” books.
- I try to read a book every week.
- I only started drinking alcohol when I was 26.
- I also didn’t use to drink coffee, but as a couple of my close friends are baristas I eventually caved in. Now I like it, but I try to limit myself to max 2 cappuccinos a day.
- Even though I like being around people, I can get Introvert Hangovers.
- Blue is my favorite color, with pink being a close second.
- I took contemporary dance classes for a couple of years. I wasn’t very good.
- When I want to fall asleep or concentrate on work I love listening to rain sounds more than music.
- I don’t have any tattoos, but I’ve been wanting some since ages. Just can’t decide on what and where for now.
- I am definitely not a morning person. Sucks if you want those early morning light photos during golden hour.
- When I was about 7 years old I broke my nose in a small car crash. Since then my sense of smell is pretty horrible.
- I funded a lot of my travels as a student with playing poker online.
- My mother tongue is Dutch.
- While I tried being a vegetarian, I now eat paleo.
- If you ever watched House of Cards you may have seen Frank Underwood use a WaterRower. A couple of years ago I also bought one but I’ve only used it about 100 times. That’s about $15 per rowing session or $1 a minute.
There you have it! Some random fun facts about me.
Now it’s your turn. In the comments below, tell me one interesting, fun, quirky, entertaining random thing about you.
Leave a Reply